The eChemExpo Solutions Marketplace & Technology Innovations Conference has been striving to be the #1 multidisciplinary gathering, for applied innovation at the plant level, in the Americas … and we believe we have achieved that. Our market research approach to determining real purchasing needs provides a unique value proposition for both attendees and exhibitors. At a time then many trade shows and conferences are reducing in size, eChemExpo continues to experience growth.
eChemExpo was launched in October 2000 by Peter Knox in conjunction with EASTMAN Chemical Company. Now in its 21st year, the 11th Expo and Technology Innovations Conference are scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, October 19-20, 2021. A community of 1200 to 1500 people are expected to register, including representatives from some 200 exhibiting companies. A two day “Meet the Experts” style conference further strengthens the relevance of this important gathering. The Expo remains one day. Eastman Chemical Company continues to be the anchor organization, sending over 400 participants each year since 2008 with a record of over 500 in 2016. In addition to Eastman, attendees from some 50 other companies in the region will typically attend.
Focus On Relevance
eChemExpo is called a Solutions Marketplace because of the unique way in which it is developed
- The planning process normally begins one year ahead using a “Strategy Interviews” and a “Stakeholder Interview” process to determine real capital purchasing needs for the next two year period. eChemExpo is a bit of an exception since it was initially planned for April 2020 and then has been postponed three times due to Covid-19.
- This process starts with executive level stakeholders or their designates during the first month and continues over the next three months across a broad spectrum of participants, both within and outside of Eastman Chemical Company
- The executive level interviews determine the theme and most important focus areas
- The remaining interviews get more specific in defining the technology challenges and best in class solution providers to participate in the Expo and Conference.
- About eight months ahead, the exhibitor invitation process begins
- Less than three months ahead, the new Solutions Marketplace, Expo and Conference, is typically rolled out. For 2021, we have been able to roll out the conference 4 months.
Three important groups contribute to the development and success of each new Solutions Marketplace; the Planning Team, Executive Advisors, and Collaboration Teams. The 2020 & 2021 Executive Advisors from Eastman Chemical Company include:
- Mark Bogle, Vice President, Chemical Intermediates Acetyls Manufacturing, & Tennessee Operations Site Leader
- Richard Bonner, Vice President, Worldwide Engineering & Construction
- Michelle Caveness, Vice President, Advanced Materials Manufacturing
- Donna Deason, Director, Worldwide Indirect Procurement
- Andrew Heister, Director, Global Process Management
- Peter Miller, Vice President, Stream Development & Operations Technology
- Aldo Noseda, Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Jan Shumate, Director, Worldwide Engineering and Construction Services & Solutions
2021 Planning Team
2017-18 Collaboration Teams
- The M.I.T.I.C. Team: This effort focuses challenges at the interface of Information Technology & Operating Technology. M.I.T.I.C. stands for “Mobility, Information Technology, Industrial Internet of Things, and Cybersecurity”
- The Mechanical & Electrical Emphasis Team: This group provides input to help assure expo and conference content is relevant to the mechanical, electrical, plant engineering and maintenance professionals
- Regional & National Outreach: To be announced
- Professional Society Liaisons: To be announced