The AIChE East TN Section is again managing the PDH certification process. The 2022 seminar program follows somewhat different PDH certification requirements this time due to the two day format and new documentation requirements for a 10 track seminar program over these two days.
Highlights of the new requirements are provided below followed by more in depth background information about PDH accreditation in general.
- 1. You need at least one hour PDH in any given track before partial PDH can be accumulated. This can be one 50 minute seminar/panel or two 25 minute seminars
- 2. PDH certification for Day 1 (Wednesday, April 20) and Day 2 (Thursday, April 21) are treated separately. No carry over of partial credit between the two days.
- 3. You can obtain PDH from multiple tracks on the same day but you need at least one hour of PDH in each track you are attending to claim PDH in multiple tracks. After your first hour in any track you can add half hour increments within the track.
- 4. On the main expo day (Thursday, April 21), for PDH Accreditation Purposes the following two featured sessions are considered part of Track 9 (Special Topics): – 9:15-9:40 am. Featured session following Keynote and before Expo opens (half hour PDH) – 4:35-5:30 pm. Closing Keynote session (half hour PDH even though the session may run 50 minutes)
5. The AIChE ETNS certification booth is open at specific times on both days as follows:
The presentation of the various seminars will conform to the requirements for continuing education as defined by The Department of Commerce and Insurance Tennessee State Board of Architectural and Engineering Examiners.
- There is clear purpose and objective for each activity which will maintain, improve or expand skills and knowledge obtained prior to initial licensure or to develop new and relevant skills and knowledge.
- The content of each presentation is well-organized and presented in a sequential manner.
- There is evidence of pre-planning.
- The presentation will be made by persons who are well-qualified by education or experience.
Note also that: “Professional Development Hour (PDH)” means a contact (clock) hour consisting of not less than fifty (50) minutes of instruction or presentation acceptable to the Board. Registrants will not receive credit for activities less than one (1) PDH in duration.
In order to conform to the PDH definition, the nominal half hour seminars must include a full 25 minutes of instruction, with designated question & answer time confined to the transition period between seminars; or further time as available after conclusion of the seminar. For the nominal one hour seminars, there must be a full 50 minutes of instruction (including panel discussion) with up to 10 minutes designated for questions & answers with the audience participants. Also, in order to conform to the PDH definition, participants receive no credit for a single half hour seminar during the eChemExpo. PDH recognition is granted for daily total seminar participation of one hour or more. It is appropriate for attendees to record 1.0 hour PDH, or 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 hours etc. to reflect total seminar attendance during the one-day event.