April 3, 2020: Refund and carry-over options
“No Refund Policy” Prior to COVID-19:
eChemExpo has had very few cancelations and had no need for a refund related policy up until our 2016 event when we had our first cancelation in 16 years.
After the 2016 gathering we implemented the following:
- Space Applications can be submitted to reserve a space without making payment prior to the Early Bird deadline.
- The Application can be withdrawn without penalty up until the early bird date which is usually 4 months ahead of the event (For 2020 this date was December 8, 2019).
- People who are not sure of their commitment are encouraged to wait until they are sure before making a payment while we hold their space.
- If payment is made after the early bird date and a company wants to withdraw, there are NO REFUNDS but the company can receive an 80% credit toward the next eChemExpo event unless it is within two months of the actual gathering.
NEW Post COVID-19 draft policy:
Covid-19, however, introduces the need for a re-evaluation of the pre-Covid-19 policy. Here’s the current thinking and we welcome your feedback:
- All current exhibitors automatically get a 100% transfer of invested assets to the next a eChemExpo event, which has now been scheduled for October 6-7.
- If for some reason the October 6-7 event gets postponed again due to Covid-19, the 100% transfer of invested assets will again apply to the new dates.
- Anyone who has an unresolvable time conflict with the new dates has the following options:
- 100% transfer of investment to the next scheduled eChemExpo event.
- 80% one time refund (the Planning Team is still discussing this).
- The exception to the above is for Gold Sponsors who have already had a feature story written and promoted about them. In their case, there is a $2000 deduction for the feature story benefits and then the 80% refund applies to the remaining balance.
Our goal is to be both fair and flexible. We welcome your opinions if you are impacted by the above guidelines.