January 7, 2022: Cancelation Policy for April 2022 event
No refunds to resume after January 21, 2022
eChemExpo has had very few cancelations over the years and had no need for a refund related policy up until our 2016 event when we had our first cancelation in 16 years. After that a policy of “no refunds within 4 months” of the event was implemented.
For the Covid-19 pandemic period, over the past two years, we implemented additional flexibility. The updated policy for the April 2022 gathering is described below. The No Refund Policy as been reduced to 3 months prior to the event:
Prior to January 21, 2022: Exhibitors can receive a 75% refund for their booth space; 100% refund for reserved food & beverage functions; Gold and Silver Sponsorships, however, are non-refundable. We have been promoting many of these Innovation Leader companies in our promotions and on our website since they signed up, which goes back to three years ago for some of these companies. Booth spaces, however, still qualify for the 75% refund.
After January 21, 2022. The no-refund policy kicks back in. 3 months prior to the April event.
June 26, 2021 UPDATE. No refund policy to resume July 5, 2021
eChemExpo has had very few cancelations and had no need for a refund related policy up until our 2016 event when we had our first cancelation in 16 years. After that a policy of “no refunds within 4 months” of the event was implemented.
For the Covid-19 pandemic period, over the past year, we implemented options to either roll-over to the next event or an 80% refund cancelation policy. But as the country and region are now opening up again, we are entering a post-pandemic environment and the no refund policy will go back into effect on July 5, 2021.
This turning point is 3 1/2 months prior to the October 19-20 gathering. However, if there is an up-tick in Covid-19 or its variants as we get closer to the event, this policy will be revisited.
April 3, 2020: Refund and carry-over options
“No Refund Policy” Prior to COVID-19:
eChemExpo has had very few cancelations and had no need for a refund related policy up until our 2016 event when we had our first cancelation in 16 years.
After the 2016 gathering we implemented the following:
- Space Applications can be submitted to reserve a space without making payment prior to the Early Bird deadline.
- The Application can be withdrawn without penalty up until the early bird date which is usually 4 months ahead of the event (For 2020 this date was December 8, 2019).
- People who are not sure of their commitment are encouraged to wait until they are sure before making a payment while we hold their space.
- If payment is made after the early bird date and a company wants to withdraw, there are NO REFUNDS but the company can receive an 80% credit toward the next eChemExpo event unless it is within two months of the actual gathering.
NEW Post COVID-19 draft policy:
Covid-19, however, introduces the need for a re-evaluation of the pre-Covid-19 policy. Here’s the current thinking and we welcome your feedback:
- All current exhibitors automatically get a 100% transfer of invested assets to the next a eChemExpo event, which has now been scheduled for October 6-7.
- If for some reason the October 6-7 event gets postponed again due to Covid-19, the 100% transfer of invested assets will again apply to the new dates.
- Anyone who has an unresolvable time conflict with the new dates has the following options:
- 100% transfer of investment to the next scheduled eChemExpo event.
- 80% one time refund (the Planning Team is still discussing this).
- The exception to the above is for Gold Sponsors who have already had a feature story written and promoted about them. In their case, there is a $2000 deduction for the feature story benefits and then the 80% refund applies to the remaining balance.
Our goal is to be both fair and flexible. We welcome your opinions if you are impacted by the above guidelines.