The eChemExpo Solutions Marketplace & Technology Innovations Conference has been striving to be the #1 multidisciplinary gathering, for applied innovation at the plant level, in the Americas … and we believe we have achieved that. Our market research approach to determining real purchasing needs provides a unique value proposition for both attendees and exhibitors.
eChemExpo was launched in October 2000 by Peter Knox in conjunction with EASTMAN Chemical Company. Now in its 20th year, the 11th Expo and Technology Innovations Conference are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, April 15-16, 2020. A community of 1200 to 1500 people are expected to register, including representatives from some 200 exhibiting companies. A five track “Meet the Experts” style conference further strengthens the relevance of this important gathering. Eastman Chemical Company continues to be the anchor organization, sending well over 400 participants each year since 2008 with a record of over 500 in 2016. In addition to Eastman, attendees from some 50 other companies in the region will typically attend.
Focus On Relevance
eChemExpo is called a Solutions Marketplace because of the unique way in which it is developed
- The planning process begins one year ahead using a “Strategy Interviews” and a “Stakeholder Interview” process to determine real capital purchasing needs for the next two year period
- This starts with executive level stakeholders or their designates during the first month and continues over the next three months across a broad spectrum of participants, both within and outside of Eastman Chemical Company
- The executive level interviews determine the theme and most important focus areas
- The remaining interviews get more specific in defining the technology challenges and best in class solution providers to participate in the Expo and Conference.
- About eight months ahead, the exhibitor invitation process begins
- Less than three months ahead, the new Solutions Marketplace, Expo and Conference, is rolled out
Three important groups contribute to the development and success of each new Solutions Marketplace; the Planning Team, Executive Advisors, and Collaboration Teams. The 2019 Executive Advisors from Eastman Chemical Company include:
- Jan Shumate, Director, Worldwide Engineering and Construction Services & Solutions
- Richard Bonner, Vice President, Worldwide Engineering & Construction
- Aldo Noseda, Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Cari Parker, Vice President, Chemical Intermediates Acetyls Manufacturing, & Tennessee Operations Site Leader
- Bobby Gibbons, Vice President, Advanced Materials Manufacturing
- Peter Miller, Vice President, Stream Development & Operations Technology
2020 Planning Team
2017-18 Collaboration Teams
- The M.I.T.I.C. Team: This effort focuses challenges at the interface of Information Technology & Operating Technology. M.I.T.I.C. stands for “Mobility, Information Technology, Industrial Internet of Things, and Cybersecurity”
- The Mechanical & Electrical Emphasis Team: This group provides input to help assure expo and conference content is relevant to the mechanical, electrical, plant engineering and maintenance professionals
- Regional & National Outreach: To be announced
- Professional Society Liaisons: To be announced